Friday, October 15, 2021
If one of your goals is to start eating healthier, there are many different tactics and strategies you can utilize to make changes to your diet. Each strategy may not work for you as each individual will have different needs and different reactions to certain food groups. The key to making positive changes in your diet is to experiment. Find out what works for you and what you can consistently implement in your daily routine.
You don’t want to overcomplicate things. The most important part of making a healthy diet change is ensuring that you are implementing something that you can stick to. Always take the simple approach first and look for ways to make implementing changes easier for your lifestyle. There are many resources to assist in diet changes.
If you haven’t already, consider some of these steps:
- Instead of removing foods, look to substitute with a healthier alternative
- Find online recipes for healthy meals
- Drink lots of water to help feel more full and hydrated
- Make small, gradual changes. Changing too much at once can be overwhelming and harder to follow consistently
- Eat breakfast. Eating breakfast will help regulate your metabolism and prime you to continue making healthy choices throughout the day
Remember that weight loss and weight management is a journey unique to each individual and can take a significant amount of trial and error. Make changes one variable at a time so that you are able to determine what changes are effective at helping you reach your goals and which may not be.
If you would like an appointment with our team at Norman Regional Health System’s Journey Clinic, call us at 405-515-2049.